The Department understands the importance of our volunteer and internship program and will continue to use the re-opening committee, facility leadership and resident feedback to assess and monitor the situation.
We look forward to providing additional information in the future of operational changes that provide for a new normal that keeps safety and health at the forefront. However, we continue to have concerns regarding COVID-19 in the State and how this will impact possible transmission through contact therefore we continue the suspension of our volunteer and internship program.
Currently the volunteer program is at Phase 2
A program coordinator will be in touch if your service fits this current status.
- Can I write letters to individuals from my program since I can’t come in?
- How will I know when I am authorized to come in again?
Someone from the volunteer program will reach out to you or you can check back here often. It will be noted on this page when the volunteer program is fully operational again.
- What if my volunteer status has expired?
Don’t worry, we will be working with everyone to make sure there is little to no interruption in service once the program resumes again.
- I am not currently a volunteer but I would like to become one, how do I do that?
Please check back here as to the status of the program. Once the program resumes you will need to submit a volunteer application and attend training.
- Are you currently accepting interns?
We are NOT, our program is temporarily suspended.
- When will you be accepting interns again?
We are unable to say at this time.
- If I can’t intern right now, are you currently offering tours?
We are NOT currently offering tours.
- How will I know when you are accepting interns?
Please check back here as to the status of the program. Once the program resumes you will need to submit an internship application and be accepted to the program.